I know why YOU are PROCRASTINATING...



Most of us fail. I know. Not necessarily because we are not talented, determined or passionate but because we get distracted and 'PROCRASTINATE'. But WHY? Why do we, why do YOU PROCRASTINATE? 

Because you don't have a goal. You don't have a clearly defined goal that challenges you to push HARDER, achieve BIGGER and BETTER. And so as a result, you don't run in the direction you should. You fail, aimlessly. For Habakkuk 2:2 reads "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it".

Among my regular rounds of errands on the fine Monday Morning of July 2nd 2010, I still remember Sam Horn. I still remember the motivational author and speaker's words on BBC 1's live radio podcast that day. And that was this - "It's hard to stay on purpose, if we don't know what our purpose is"

Recently, I have also been reading a book; a new release by my favorite author, Phil Cooke. Ever heard of One Big Thing? Yep, that's the one! And in this book, he consistently mentions how how he has never been a fan of the person who invented the "open door policy". It took me a while to understand, but after analyzing the situation I must say - I totally agree!

Of course, we want to be accessible to our friends and family, but at some point it's time to say "Sorry, I'm busy today" and get to work. Take a brief moment to really comprehend what I am trying to tell you here...

Too often other people's needs come before OUR DREAM. Obviously we need to care for our children, honor our spouses and deal with our primary responsibilities around our families or jobs. But the first step in achieving our dream is to take responsibility for it. That means scheduling it, and "unscheduling".

I know, its hard. In fact - it's extremely difficult for some of us. But think of it this way. After your next interruption or procrastination session, make a note of how long it takes you to get back to your previous level of intensity and focus. Then you will know. It will hit you like a ton of bricks - all that time you yourself, have stolen from your day.

So you see, these daily commitments chip away at our time and before long, OUR DREAM gets lost in the shuffle. It's time to stop doing what other people think is urgent, and start focusing on what matters to YOU and what matters to GOD.




Verse Of The Week


























Prayer Point

Dear Lord Heavenly Father, 

Thank You for the dreams You have given me. Today I will take steps toward seeing them come to pass. I pray that you will assist me in overcoming procrastination. Help me to set goals and map out steps for victory so that I know where I’m going and how to accomplish my dreams. 

In Jesus’ Name. Amen.



Thank you so much for allowing your eyes to be opened once more through this message. I sincerely hope and pray that this series has touched you for the better. 

Remember, TEO will have a new message up for you all every week so grab some friends and join us or journey with us solo on our eye-opening adventure! Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.  

To receive updates about when we post next please follow us on:


Our name on these platforms:     The Eye Opener



YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT OUR NEWS-STORY PLATFORM AND WEBSITES TOO! 
DON'T FORGET TO SUSCIBE FOR UPDATES!


This is our news-story platform. Our name on this platform is simply - The Eye Opener

Are you more of an listener? An audio person?
Feel free to also check out and follow our podcast, where a new recording will be posted every Wednesday!!! Available on Spotify too!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GREATEST SHEPHERD OF ALL TIME...

Some goals you SHOULDN'T set...

Overcoming Fear