Some goals you SHOULDN'T set...



Yep, you heard me right! You see, I was once speaking at my local church service on a fine Sunday morning to the congregation; sharing my testimony and journey to knowing and accepting Christ as my personal saviour. In the corner of my eye, I noticed a meek little boy sitting alone at the very end of the pew -  his eyes widening as I continued to tell my story. He seemed to be around 12 years old and at that moment I couldn't be happier and more content. Deeply touched by this experience, at the end of the church service I decided to approach this little boy for a conversation. But before I commenced to approach him, he hastily ran towards me and invited me to his home for dinner with the rest of his family. This little boy was called Zechariah and he had come to know Jesus several years ago, when a friend mentioned Jesus to him at school. From that day onwards, the boy felt as if his whole life had changed and soon after had accepted Christ as his personal saviour! But after I arrived, it didn't take me long to realize that the real reason he had invited me to dinner was to win over his father to Christ.


I discovered later that Zechariah had been severely depressed for quite some time after his mother had sadly passed away. However, his psychiatrist consistently insisted that his depression was one that doesn't correlate to an external cause but more so, an internal cause and Zechariah firmly agreed. But I believe his depression stemmed from a wrong goal. Your probably wondering what sort of goal your supposed to even have at that age. For several years Zechariah had based his success as a Christian on winning his single father to Christ as an only child despite being only twelve. He had prayed for him, witnessed to him, and even invited guest preachers home to dinner every Sunday after church with his grandmother's permission. He had said everything he could say and done everything he could do, but to no avail. As the futility of his efforts loomed larger, his faith faltered, his hope dimmed and his depression grew.


Zechariah's father always managed to adequately provide for the physical needs of his family. He simply didn't see any need for God. He felt as if God wasn't there when he lost his wife and so he didn't need God now. I shared with him about my life and ministry during our visit, but I didn't force my faith on him. I trust that I was a positive witness. In the meantime, his son's increasing depression was destroying his witness.


You should, of course, desire that your loved ones come to Christ, and pray and work to that end. But YOUR GOAL is to be a positive witness by becoming the child, spouse or parent God has called you to be. Then you must leave the results to God. Assuming responsibility for the salvation of your loved ones is beyond your ability. Every loved one can choose not to respond to Christ. And depression often signals that you are desperately clinging to a goal you have little or no chance of achieving, and that is not a healthy goal...


    Always remember that...                                       Verse of the week
WHICH IS IN FACT - this week's verse of the week!!   :)



Prayer Point

Dear Lord Heavenly Father

I thank You that our strength comes from the joy of the Lord. Thank You that as we cultivate our relationship with You, that You increase our strength. I pray that you will help us discover the joy of letting you do your work your way. Forgive us Lord when we think we can survive anything in our own strength. Help us to walk in the steps You have ordered for us so that we can walk hand in hand with You. 

In Jesus Name. AMEN







Thank you so much for allowing your eyes to be opened once more through this message. I sincerely hope and pray that this series has touched you for the better. 

Remember, TEO will have a new message up for you all every week so grab some friends and join us or journey with us solo on our eye-opening adventure! Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.  

To receive updates about when we post next please follow us on:


Our name on these platforms:     The Eye Opener


YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT OUR NEWS-STORY PLATFORM AND WEBSITES TOO! 
DON'T FORGET TO SUSCIBE FOR UPDATES!


This is our news-story platform. Our name on this platform is simply - The Eye Opener

Are you more of an listener? An audio person?
Feel free to also check out and follow our podcast, where a new recording will be posted every Wednesday!!! Available on Spotify too!


Comments

  1. I'd like to find out more? I'd like to find out some additional information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you for your comment. If you would like to find out more, please visit our official website https://the-eye-opener.constantcontactsites.com/. Don't hesitate to also email us too! Our email is theeyeopener.no1@gmail.com. Thank you, God Bless You.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE GREATEST SHEPHERD OF ALL TIME...

Overcoming Fear